Sequoia Capital India & Southeast Asia unveils 15 early-stage startups selected for 7th cohort of accelerator program Surge, pushing new investment despite significant slowdown in deal activity in the region I’m here.
Since launch March 2019the accelerator has helped participating startups raise more than $1.7 billion in additional funding overall, with more than 60% of companies in the first five cohorts in Series A and beyond, according to the venture firm. is procured.
The Surge program, which has helped more than 250 startups, initially wrote the startups about $1 million in checks each, but has since Increased the amount of support up to $3 millionNotable startups from previous Surge cohorts include Doubtnut, Scaler Academy, Khatabook, Bijak, Classplus, Hevo Data, Juno, Atlan, BukuKas, Plum and Apna Club.
The new cohort includes startups looking to simplify their workflows and introduce tools to solve bigger challenges like climate change.
Sequoia’s cohort includes startups it partnered with when it didn’t have a product, and startups run by repeat founders and entrepreneurs with extensive experience in their respective fields. Those include the former CFO of fashion e-commerce platform Nykaa, a machine learning engineer who worked on conversational AI at Meta, and the first set of engineers at Uber in India.
“We continue to be deeply impressed by the ambition and diversity of ideas and the caliber of the founders of each cohort. Surge07 is no exception. Rajan Anandan, Managing Director of Sequoia India & Southeast Asia and Surge Rajan Anandan) says: In prepared statements.
“Our founders have a wealth of experience and creativity and we believe in these dreamers, innovators and category creators who have the potential to change the future of our region and the world. ‘ he added.
Most of the startups in the new cohort are building for global markets and targeting audiences outside their headquarters. Nearly half of them have a presence in the US and European markets, Sequoia said.
Founders in Surge’s seventh cohort will receive training and mentorship from industry veterans and renowned entrepreneurs through a 16-week hybrid program.
Below is a list of startups available in the 7th cohort.
- attentionA vertical SaaS company builds a sales automation platform for American outdoor service contractors. (Info Edge Ventures is a co-investor.)
- beam builds a one-click checkout solution that enables a frictionless payment experience for sellers and shoppers in Southeast Asia. (Partek Partners is a co-investor.)
- box is launching a design-to-build automation platform for architects, interior designers and construction companies.
- buyer assist aims to help B2B revenue teams with so-called Mutual Success Plans (MSPs) to effectively engage and collaborate with buyers throughout their journey. (Emergent Ventures and Stellaris Venture Partners are joint investors.)
- clear feed is a collaboration platform that uses AI models to enable natural language ticketing in Slack and Microsoft Teams, providing seamless connectivity to backend ticketing tools such as Zendesk, Salesforce, and Freshdesk. (8VC is a co-investor.)
- gun Use AI to create customized videos at scale, empowering brands to build personal connections with their customers. (It also secured funding from Emergent Ventures.)
- Hachika is intended to provide visibility and insight to engineering managers and leaders to help build productive and healthy engineering teams. (Kae Capital is an investor.)
- Metaschool says it will make it easier for developers to learn, build and ship dApps to prepare for opportunities in the new web3 ecosystem. (Luno, Global Ventures and Polygon Ventures are co-investors.)
- PixCap is an animation platform that allows users with no design experience to animate 3D illustrations, games, and designs. (Cocoon Capital and Entrepreneur First are joint investors.)
- Platech brand It plans to help a new generation of Indian consumers improve their quality of life through better household and health products.
- Semaai We build full-stack technology solutions for the Indonesian agricultural sector. (BeNext is a co-investor.)
- true foundry is a developer platform intended to enable startups to deploy and monitor machine learning (ML) models at the speed of big tech companies in minutes or days instead of weeks or months. (Eniac Ventures is a co-investor.)
- UNDERSTANDING CARBON helps companies use its software to track and reduce their carbon footprint. (Alpha JWC Ventures, Amasia, GFC, Rebel Fund, XA Network, Y Combinator)
- With An Indonesian fintech company that aims to serve teenagers. (AC Ventures, Alpha JWC Ventures, Goodwater Capital, Ondine Capital and Y Combinator are also backing the startup.)
One startup in the cohort, which is currently in the stealth space, revealed that it works in the travel space.