Hi everyone!welcome to review of the weekis a newsletter of the most read TechCrunch articles of the past week.
Want it in your inbox every Saturday morning? Get it here.
- Leaked footage of GTA6: Nearly 90 clips of the upcoming Grand Theft Auto game leaked this week, with the uploader claiming to have hacked Rockstar Games’ internal Slack. Rockstar confirmed the “network intrusion” and added that it was “extremely disappointed” that it was leaked like this, but that development “will continue as planned.”
- Wipro lays off 300 employees for side jobs: Indian IT giant Wipro has laid off 300 employees in the last few months, who turned out to be doing side jobs for a competitor, says Wipro chairman Rishad Premji calls the side business “a breach of integrity.”
- Revolut hacked: Revolut, a banking and financial services startup, confirmed this week that hackers were able to compromise the details of “a small percentage” of its customers. The company did not disclose the exact number of customers, but a breach disclosure filed with authorities in the company’s home country of Lithuania suggests it is around 50,000.
- Blérion’s Wild Monitor: Want something more immersive than a standard monitor, but don’t want a VR headset on your face? Brelyon is trying to rethink displays and has raised $15 million from a pretty impressive investor list and made it happen.
- Kia and Hyundai sued over design flaws: Earlier this year, a TikTok went viral for revealing a not-so-complicated method to steal certain models of Kia and Hyundai cars. A class action lawsuit has now been filed against the automaker, claiming it was “intentionally” manufactured without an “engine immobilizer” that Rebecca described as a “cheap and very common device” to prevent this problem. claims.
- Google’s new Chromecast: Two years ago, Google launched a 4K version of its Chromecast. This is the first Chromecast with its own remote control instead of requiring a smartphone for all operations. They’re now bringing the same design and remote to a more affordable HD (1080p) model. The HD model is $30 and the 4K version is $50.
- Facebook user sues Meta over iOS tracking: “The complaint alleges that Meta circumvented Apple’s new restrictions by monitoring users through Facebook’s in-app browser, which opens links within the app,” Taylor wrote.
do you like podcasts? We have a podcast! good stuff. great stuff. Even award-winning ones! this week:
- of stock The team asked, “What is entry into venture capital like today and how is it changing?”
- My friend found We talked to the co-founders of Change about how/why they built a crypto-centric API for charitable giving.
- of Chain reaction The crew spoke — what else? — about the recent major changes to how Ethereum works and the surprising impact the “merger” has had on the market.
Most of TechCrunch is free. So what’s behind the TechCrunch+ paywall? Here’s what TC+ members read most often: