Hi guys!welcome to review of the week, a newsletter with a quick rundown of some of the most read TechCrunch articles in the last 7 days. Target? Even when he’s busy, on Saturday morning he’ll skim WiR and get a good sense of what’s happening in the tech industry this week.
Want it in your inbox? get it here.
Death of Stadia: Devin has voiced his opinion on the recent Stadia shutdown, blaming just one entity for the game service’s shocking demise: Google. he wrote: The company has shown too little understanding of what people want, need and pay for, making people wary of investing in more popular products. . “
Elon Musk of the week: The first time he intervened was when he stepped into the war between Russia and Ukraine with a version of the peace plan Connie had created. Characterized as not very popularAnd he finally said finally buy twitterTwitter said the “Musk parties” had sent a letter stating that the billionaire intended to go through with the acquisition, provided that the trial for the two, which was scheduled to start on Oct. 17, did not take place. But as Taylor and Hari said in their talk, “Given the chaotic nature of the mask, another wrench could be thrown into the job.
Fizz to the ‘next Mark Zuckerberg’: An app created by a former Stanford University student to limit social isolation across the university campus received a $4.5 million round this week. The founder, a Stanford dropout, said, “We set out to build an app, by college students, for college students, to help fellow classmates feel less alone and form meaningful connections on campus. “
Google on lock screen: iOS 16 users aren’t limited to just the new lock screen Apple widgets. Google has delivered on its promise to make its apps available as widgets for quick access. Get Gmail, Google News, Drive, Chrome, and add search and apps.
Search by fashion: South Korean search firm Naver has announced plans to acquire apparel marketplace Poshmark for $1.2 billion in cash.
educational violation: In what appears to be the biggest educational breach in a while, hackers have exposed a cache of data stolen during a cyber attack on the Los Angeles Unified School District.
didn’t have time to listen to everything TechCrunch Podcast this week? Here’s what you may have missed:
- for found This week, we re-released Hey Jane’s episode on providing remote abortion care with Kiki Freedman. She also talks about how her experience at Uber influenced the mindset of its founders and how the startup hopes to change the healthcare industry.
- Chain reaction Connect with Edward Saatchi, an expert in the Web3 space and founder of The Culture DAO and Fable, on how emerging technologies are enabling new forms of storytelling, and how sectors like crypto and AI are on the lookout for the Metaverse We talked about how we are changing
- Amanda joins Alex in this Wednesday’s episode stock Chat about the creator economy.
- upon TC Podcast, Haje Jan Kamps speaks with Dominic-Madori Davis on behalf of Darrell Etherington about how conservative VCs are shaping the startup landscape, and therefore the world. He also spoke with Taylor Hatmaker about all things Elon.
- and check out TechCrunch Live Podcastis the audio version of our weekly TechCrunch Live show. This week, hear from Mammoth Biosciences how Trevor Martin attracted the best partners to build his company. Among them is his Mayfield partner Ursheet Parikh, who wrote early funding checks. first step? It starts with a vision and mission.
What’s behind the TechCrunch+ paywall? Lots of really great stuff! Here, away from the constant news cycle, we dig a little deeper into what you love most. What were the most read TC+ articles this week?
5 Key IP Considerations for AI Startups: Early-stage startups are creating new AI-based solutions, but may not know if the technology can be secured and how best to do so. Intellectual Property Partner for Law Firms Foley & Lardner LLPWhen Senior Law Firm and IP Lawyer Foley & Lardner LLPprovide guidance to young companies.
Voli’s Proposal Materials: Haje brings you another pitch deck teardown. This time from Vori. Raises $10M Series AWould you like your proposal to be published on TC+? Click here for detailsAlso checkout All pitch deck teardowns and other pitching advice, all gathered in one convenient place. with this?