Don’t hold back. Liz Garbus confided in the director prince harry When Meghan Markle’s Netflix documentary series, Harry & Meghan – and claimed that the experience led her to examine what was allegedly the royal family’s “mind game.”
“Buckingham Palace said we were not seeking comment. [about Harry & Meghan] When we did,” Garbus, 52, said in an interview. vanity fair It was published on Tuesday, January 24th.we’ve had a few similar moments Alice in Wonderland”
The six-episode series, which premiered in December 2022, states in its opening title card, “Members of the royal family have declined to comment on the content of the series.” Told every week The “general consensus” among FIrm is that Harry, 38, and Meghan, 41, “do yourself a favor By talking about family,” and that the pair are just “drilling themselves into a deeper hole, teaching them all of this.”
while being the primary focus of Harry & Meghan It was a couple’s romance. In Part 2 of the series, BetterUp’s CIO shared that he doesn’t think his issues with his brother can ever be fully resolved. prince williamand his father, Charles II.
The Invictus Games founder said, “I’ve had to come to terms with the fact that I’ll probably never get real accountability or a real apology.”My wife and I are moving on. We are focused on what comes next.”
last month, we The 40-year-old Prince of Wales reported being unhappy with what the Duke of Sussex said about him. Harry & Meghan“He said Harry was with himself. [royal] A family in an ironic light. ‘ said the insider we At the time. “William hoped they could move on after the CBS interview. [in March 2021]but Harry only hangs the dirty laundry escalated the rivalry between the two brothers As a result, they took a step back. ”
The royal feud continued into the next month, with Harry preparing to tell all. spareThe book, which was released on January 10, contained the perspective of the crown prince, who lost his mother. Princess Dianahis experience of falling in love with Meghan and being a ‘spare’ for William’s ‘heiress’.
While Harry promotes the book through interviews, 60 minutes When good morning americaboth outlets revealed Buckingham Palace Requested footage of the Duke’s interview before commenting on the memoir.
“We have reached out to Buckingham Palace for comment.” Anderson Cooper He revealed it at the end of his interview with Harry on January 7th.
While speaking to Cooper, 55, the British native explained that he tried to talk privately about the royal family and their problems, but it didn’t work out. Every time I try to do it in private There were briefings and leaks and story plantings for me and my wife. “But that’s just a motto. And it doesn’t really hold up.”