To get a roundup of TechCrunch’s biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox every day at 3pm PDT, subscribe here.
We’re almost there, everyone. It’s the last Thursday of 2022. Today we have news from Alibaba and Spotify and crypto news from India. As always, enjoy the benefits of our premium membership program, TC+. Read on, dear readers, and come back tomorrow for the final moments of technology in 2022. HP
TechCrunch Top 3
- Alibaba’s move to the cloud: Alibaba Cloud has a new president, Rita report. After AWS and Microsoft appointed his CEO, Daniel Zhang, as acting president of the company, he became the third largest public cloud infrastructure provider in the world.
- Ring me on Spotify: Aisha The platform wrote that it wanted to help you enter 2023 in style with something it thinks you’ll enjoy.Playlists like “Party Hits,” “Floor Fillers,” “Pop Party,” and “Rock Party” , will guide you until midnight. The hub also includes DJ mixes from TT the Artist, Carlita, AMEMÉ, Coco & Breezy, &ME, Austin Millz and more. Get off!
- crypto regulation in india: Under the G20 presidency, India says it will consider prioritizing developing a framework for global regulation of unbacked crypto-assets, stablecoins and decentralized finance, it writes. . mannish.
Startups and VC
- remember this: Catherine Recall.ai raised $2.7 million in a seed funding round to help its customers build apps for a variety of use cases by backing integration APIs that work with Zoom, Google Meet, and Microsoft Teams. I’m here.
- down round: Mary Ann We spoke to GGV’s Hans Tung and Robin Li about the company’s position in a challenging venture environment. (TC+ subscription required.)
Redefining “founder-friendly” capital in the post-FTX era
Could the FTX debacle have been avoided if investors had taken a more active interest in the company’s operations?
Given the cold climate for late-stage funding and widespread economic uncertainty, “the startup community is redefining what constitutes ‘founder-friendly’ capital, and looking at both the source and cost of that capital.” It’s time to balance out,” writes co-founder Blair Silverberg. CEO of Ham Capital.
In a guest post on TC+, he weighs the relative advantages of active and passive investors, analyzes the fundamentals of debt startup financing, and discusses “the need for capital and outside expertise for business.” We share advice for founders looking for a better balance.
looking back and looking ahead
Ron Look at the Private Equity Dominates Top 10 Enterprise M&A Deals this year. The total transaction value was approximately $154 billion. (TC+ subscription required.)
Rebecca have some ideas about What’s in store for the micromobility market in 2023 — after what she said was a “turbulent” year.